Friday, May 7, 2010

Update...Where are we?

So we are unsure on where we are standing right now with our immigration case...alot has happen since I wrote here last...
we got a e-mail from Ecuador saying that our case was fwwd to Panama In Washington D.C. and to check with them on the stats of the case.

So are lawyer wrote Panama in D.C. Washington...before we got a response from them I got a letter in the mail from them saying that something on one of the forms that we turned in was not signed correct...go figure something has to go wrong every time...it always happens to Rogelio and I. So long story short..we sent paper e-mail to Rogelio in Ecuador and he signed it and brought to place in Ecuador....so in the letter that I got from Panama they said that our case was fwwd to the Dept of State...we are unsure where the case stands right now...but the dept of state is Panama...so it dose not all match up....so we are trying to figure out what is going on from here on and where the case is....I am sure that we will find out soon. So mean time it is another waiting game...Hope things change soon...Rogelio has been having a feeling that he is going to be able to come home very soon...I have that same feeling...I went shopping a bit...I bought Rogelio some clothes and things so when he comes home he will have things...he has some things here but most his things he brought down to Ecuador...alot of his clothes are bad because they have got so dirty or old down there....it has been 833 days since he has been gone. I can't wait Intel he is able to come home and for us to all be a happy family again!!! Antonio feels his dad is going to be home soon also...that has to be some kind of sign right? Please pray for us...I love you all! I will try and keep things updated on here:)

3 comments:

  1. hi jill, i stumbled on your blog a while ago and was sorry, as i always am, to see another family challenged by the immigration service. my own immigration case for my husband went quite smoothly, and even still it was difficult and terrifying, so i truly feel for you and what you're going through. but you seem so strong, and it seems like you have good people on your side representing you, so i know that this will work out for you.

    i check in on your blog from time to time just like i check up with all of my friends who are in immigration limbo, and each time i do i hope that you've seen a happy ending to your situation and can rest easy. please know that there is another person out there sending good thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thank you:) yeah I do have alot of family that is here for me but the one person I want here for me is my husband. Its been super hard and I wish they would let him back already! I wish I was as strong as I seem sometimes i am a total wimp! lol..Did you go theu the same things that I went threw? Well that I am going threw? I would love to hear your story..I have talked to a few people about there storys everyone always tells me how there husbands/wifes have came back so quick and so on...so i Just don't get why my case is so hard to go by fast. its crazy! well thanks for writting to me:) Hope to hear from you soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey jill, i just read your post about your trip to ecuador... it sounded... eventful! i'm glad that your family got to be together, though, even if it was only for a little bit.

    i am very fortunate because the green card application for my husband went very smoothly. he didn't need to leave the US because he was here legally as a student, so we filed an adjustment of status instead of having him leave and apply at the consulate. he had actually dropped out of school a few days after we sent off the application (because that was the last day he could drop out without having to pay the full tuition for the year), so to this day, even though he has a green card, he has to go to secondary inspection when he returns to the US from overseas because his record shows that he has a student visa and is not in school. we are in the process of trying to have his record updated to remove that. i mean, he got the green card! stop harassing him!

    the whole thing cost a lot of money, but we figured we had a pretty straightforward case and that we didn't need a lawyer. also, we were broke! just kids, really, and there was no way we could have paid a lawyer. we had to borrow the $1000 for the adjustment application from my grandmother. it all worked out ok, luckily. the officer at our interview didn't do any of the things you hear about when people talk about those interviews... we weren't separated, he didn't ask us any weird personal questions. he hardly even looked at our wedding photos.

    our whole application process took a year, but since we were married less than 2 years when we were approved (and by married less than 2 years i mean we were married less than two weeks when we filed the application for the gc!) we were only given a conditional resident status. we had to apply two years later to remove the conditions of his status, and that cost another $600.

    right now i work as a paralegal helping a company with the work permits for their foreign employees, so i see a lot of crazy things from the immigration service. i really love my job, though, because i know people need help when it comes to navigating any part of the immigration service.

    so i know how long it can take to get issues resolved, but it sounds like you guys are on the right track, even if it's taking forever. and your husband definitely did the right thing by leaving and applying from ecuador, and you guys have a strong case, so it will all work out!

    having gone through all of this, though, you can see why people don't bother trying to become legal. for so many people it would be easier to just stay and live under the radar.

    hang in there!

    ReplyDelete