Friday, January 28, 2011

Ecuador Jan 2011

So yep we went to Ecuador...it was our two sons and my mom and dad oh yeah and me! lol...It was problems from the start...

So our flight went to Chicago witch we never have taken this way before but we did and our fight got delayed going to Chicago because they had so much snow over there..we waited and waited to be able to take off finally we were able to take off. For some reason the flight seemed like it was taking forever! Then they announced that we were going to fly around in the sky for a while yeah like a hour! So that Chicago could plow there runways! so around and around we went yeah so much fun when your flight seems like it was already taking forever! so finally we landed in Chicago! yay I was so happy to be there we knew that we were going to have to run to get to our connecting flight to Miami Florida! so it was only like a gate away witch was nice...so we thought!...we got to the gate and they would not let us in the plane!!!! IT WAS RIGHT THERE I COULD SEE IT! but they said the doors were already shut and no one else was allowed in. So because of snow in Chicago they made us miss our Miami flight! Grrrr!

So the lady that told us that we could not get onto the flight for Miami Florida made me really Angry! Since I knew it was going to be longer until I got to see my husband! Also she was not very nice to us at all! So she told us that we could use there phones to rebook our flight! Um yeah how about talking to a real person! Nope they did not have that! grrr!!! So we went over to the phones and talked to the person about re booking our flight the only thing that they could come up with was making us go to Miami then Peru! really Peru! So we had no other choice but to take it...so we had to go and get our new tickets so we waited in line and when it was are turn guess what they changed ticket Lady's and guess who we got??? It was the lady who told us that we could not get onto our flight for Miami Florida! Grrr...so she took a life time printing out our tickets and having seats together and everything so then we got to get in line for our flight to Miami Florida....so we thought....

In line when they check your tickets and passports well dumb lady who we so did not like had gave us one of the wrong tickets! Grrrr... so we were like the last people on the flight because we had to wait well the dumb lady came over and tryed to fix what she did wrong! Grrrr....problems after problems! so they got everything figured out and we got onto our flight only to find out that there was people in our seat! Of coarse they did not speak English! Thank God I speak Spanish! so we looked at there tickets and to find out that was there seats too! but the airplane worker came over and asked to look at the other paper they had in there hand and it was a paper saying that they had changed there seats they did not understand English so I told them what was going on and then they thanked me and moved on there way...well at least we got our seats! lol...Girl sitting in front of me still had a staring problem and guy down row from me smelled of too much perfume! lol.

So we got to Miami! Oh yeah did I say that my sister Crystal saved us so much!? So we had booked some hotels for when we got into Ecuador to sleep there...and let me tell you they were not cheap hotels! We had 3 of them! One for Rogelio and my self and the kids another for my parents and another for Rogelio's brother wife and daughter. We still needed 1 hotel because Rogelio and His brother's family needed to sleep in town...but we needed to cancel the other two! Um did I tell you that it was non refundable? yeah well they were and I knew that! lol....but my sister being super women how she is spent a very long time talking to person after person about getting our hotel canceled and not having to pay for it and she did it! Yay for super great sister!!! Reminds me of the song super women by Alica keys! lol...Thanks Crystal you helped out alot!!!

So after My sister saved our butts we have arrived in Miami Florida...we had to go and get our tickets to Peru and Ecuador we waiting in line forever! Kids are hungry and crabby and tired!:( When I say we waited in line forever I mean forever! we had to run to our next flight and I mean run! Lets just say all of these airports are not small at all and when you have to run across from one end to the other it is not fun!! Let alone with 2 small children and your mom and dad...witch dad thinks he lost the tickets and has to take a million things out of his bag to check and see if he has the tickets! lol come on dad.... lol...so we made it just in time to our flight to Peru! We got on with not much problems at all..

I think that our flight to Peru was 6 1/2 hours long! by far the longest flight I have ever taken! let alone with 2 small children. So both my kids sat with me on the flight. We were the last seats in the plane all the way in the back! We sat in the middle seats witch there was 3 seats together so that was good! Miguel our youngest fell asleep almost right away! Thank God! lol...Then we all had our own TVs in front of us witch was super nice they had a map of where we were and how long till we are there and weather and so on..Then they had tuns of new movies that just came out! and tuns of games for kids and tv shows they had it all really nice plane! so Most the time I was playing games with Antonio or trying to watch my movie witch I almost finished it was only a 2 hour movie but when you have kids its hard! lol...I also got to chat with the girl that sat near me and she was American who lives in Peru! She had two kids and was prego with her 3rd she told me that her kids all spoke Spanish and go to Spanish schools...it was interesting to hear a bit about Peru since I had never had interest in that country before. So dealing with two kids on a 6 1/2 hour flight was bad! crazy but ended up not being as bad as I thought since one of them was sleeping almost the whole time.. The hard part was staying awake and it was about 4:30am when we were flying over where we should have been sleeping in Ecuador! yeah Peru if you look at the map comes after Ecuador! lol Crazy!

So we got to Peru safe and sound! For now lol...we had a few hours in Peru until our flight took off to Ecuador...we were all tired and hungry and crabby! We really did not find any food to eat in Peru but chips and candy they had sandwiches but did not look good to eat! So I spent alot of money In Peru did I tell you that a small chip can was $3.00 American money?? Yeah fricken crazy! Oh what was that you want a water? Oh ok that will Just be $3.50! oh you want your change of .50cents? no way how about some gum? no gum well no change? yeah that's how they play it there! lol

So I bought some smokes for my brother and sister in law in Peru super cheap I got 3 10 box for less then a American price of a regular 1o box! I payed there money of $145.00 lol..super cheap! So I wanted to make sure that I called Rogelio and told him what was going on and that I made it to Peru safe! So I used my credit card and called him on the payphone they said it was going to be .50cents a min well I was on no longer then 3 mins..when I got home to find out they charged my bank hundreds of dollars! nice try! lol...So I also used my moms credit card to pay for the phone call to my sister Crystal to tell her we got there safe and to update the family i was only on for like 2 mins and charged my mom around $50.00 when we got home we found out but it was only supposed to be .50 cents a min...lol yeah right...

So My dad fell a sleep in the airport and so did my mom and Our son Antonio so that just left myself and Miguel up...I had to watch the bags and Miguel...thank god for toys candy and color books and chips lol because that's what he did for a few hours along with walking around! lol....
We got onto our flight for Ecuador everything went fine no problems there. We landed in Ecuador and I tryed to use my phone like I set up through the phone company to use in Ecuador and yeah did not work so I could not even call Rogelio to say hi Honey we will see you in a few mins! Grrrr...

So we had to get off our flight and get our suitcases! In Peru they said for sure that they would be in Ecuador and that they were in Peru or something like that. So waiting for suitcases for a while even rented carts for our suitcases and they did not come! Grrr...we had to then go and file a report that our suitcases are missing that took a while and once we got that done we could see my hubby the boys father at last!!! Yay I see Rogelio! We got together and the boys hugged him and kissed him and soooooo did mama! :) It felt sooooooooooooooooo good to be in his arms again! I cant even explain to you how good it felt! I was in love all over again! <3 We walked around the airport trying to talk to different people about our suitcases because Rogelio said lets just ask more people and they all said the same thing...we got in our taxi van and drove away....I will cont.....later:)

1 comment:

  1. Hee hee - superwoman :) I try! I was not hanging up that phone until they gave you some sort of refund and was stunned when all of the sudden they gave you a full refund. I'm sure they were ready to get rid of me :)

    ReplyDelete