Monday, August 10, 2009

I wish that it was what I wanted to hear not what I heard.

So I went to my Lawyers office today with my mom well my father watched my kids. Our lawyer told us some good news being that he mailed our last papers to the National Visa Center witch I am totally happy that its actually on the way there. We had to pay our lawyer $100.00 to translate some of the papers that we gathered from Rogelio since they needed to all be in English.

So what happen today was I was going to the lawyers office to talk to him about the next steps in the case. I had wrote him a e-mail after I got to him the last papers and he told me that we needed to meet to talk about all of the next steps and so forth. I still think that we could have talked over the phone. It is hard to go out there because its in Minneapolis and right off of 35W.
Anyways here is what he told me that's going to go on.

When the National Visa Center receives our paper work that we sent to them they will open it and look it over and make sure everything on the forms are there and correct. Then we will get a letter saying that it is being fwd to the Department Of State. That process alone our lawyer said will take between 60-90 Days! That's such a long time!! I hoped he would be back by then!

Then when the Department of state will contact us and say that they got the file and they will schedule a interview. It will take about 30 days from when they get the file to schedule a interview.

They will have the interview within a month of us getting the notice.

Our Lawyer says that the first interview will be declined. The first interview is proving that our marriage is valid and that we have still been having a relationship even though he is over there and I am up here. The only reason the first interview is declined is because Rogelio was in the U.S.A. more then a year with out a visa.

At the first interview they will ask for a wavier to be filed, once the wavier is filed ( that waves the 10 year bar he has on him) then they will schedule another interview witch will take 2-6 months!!!!!!!!

The 2nd Interview is proving hardship I am sorry Extreme hardship not just any hardship but it has to be extreme hardship! That's totally what we have been going threw the 562 Days that hes been gone! They ask him tuns of questions at the interviews too.

Then if he passes the interviews then he gets to come back. Our lawyer said at the interview they usually will give him that same day a stamp sticker that goes on his passport and then he can come home within a week. He said sometimes it takes them a week to get the stamp sticker but still that part sounds good!

Our lawyer also said that he dose not see them denies the case but if they do there is options such as file a new wavier and reapply witch is a year and a half wait!!

I doubt that he will be denied because I think that we have enof Prof that we are in a real relationship and we really do love each other. So I am not worried about that at all. Our lawyer is not also.

I asked our lawyer today if there was anything else that we can do to speed things up and he said no. He also did say if there was anything that he finds that he can do to speed things up he will. So I just know what that means. I will have to take it upon myself to find a way some how to get Rogelio back here faster. OR someone to help speed up the process. If anyone has any ideas at all feel free to tell me any of them.

I love to hear from everyone and any questions you have its fine to ask.Rogelio Really misses everyone back home here and can't wait to come back. We have been web caming more then normal latly its been nice. I can't wait to be able to go back to see him down there. Any donations? Lol I will take all:) I wish that it was like $300.00 per person to go! Or free:) I am going to write on here when ever I have updates or maybe everyday I don't know yet but I thought it would be a great idea of letting others know whats going on with me and my family.

Pray that Rogelio can come back sooner! Love ya all. p.s. if anyones reading this and is going threw the same thing let me know I would love to conpair notes:)

No comments:

Post a Comment