Saturday, August 8, 2009

Ecuador Day 5-7

So After we got back from shopping we were off to see more family member I met so many people I can't remember all of there names. His family is all nice and accepting of me. I felt like really loved. It is really different to meet Rogelio's family since I have only meet his brother and some cousins before. There was always the want to meet his family but they just live so far away so I am so glad that I went on the trip. I never knew how it was to have another half of my family Intel I went and its great!!

The candy down there they will sell by the peace. It is so cool and very cheap. I did notice though the candy they sell in the bags after you open the candy even if its wrapped it gets hard fast! Very odd. They had many different things in Ecuador. We even got to see the big pig Rogelio ate and got very sick off of because it was displayed in the window. You have to always be carefully what you eat when you are there. All of my friends that were here for a while and then went back to Ecuador have all gotten sick within two weeks of going back because they have to get used to the food again. Even Rogelio got sick the first week that he was down there. He was not used to boiling water then putting it in the re fridge to drink it later. Or boiling most of his food before he cooked it.

You can really tell who in the neighborhood and area don't have money and love you for giving you things. I love the gift of Giving without a return. Because the biggest return is to see how happy the people are when you give something to them when they have nothing. Giving just a bit of something weather it be a small peace of candy or $20.00 they are so happy and the look on there face and the words they say in return is such a gift.

There is this family that lives right next to Rogelio they are dirt poor they even go threw times where they have no food. We where hanging out at Rogelio's on the 6th day and asked them if they wanted to come and play ball in the house with Antonio and his cousin Joal and they where so happy and said yes! They were 3 girls under 10 years old. I went to the store and bought some juice boxes and candy and chips and all the kids shared them they were so happy to get something they were unsure of what to say but they were like are you sure this is alot! I was like yes take it its ok. The look on there faces and how happy they were it was great. Watching them eat and drink it was like they had never at en or drank before. That's what made me happy is to see that they were so happy for something I did what costed me less then $5.00.

Rogelio and I hung out together over the hole trip and meet many of his family members it was so nice and fun being with Rogelio and I wish that I would have been able to take him home with me hopefully soon enof.

One day we went to cuenca, I got so sick that day because of the car ride and Rogelio did not feel good too because he gets car sick too. It was sad we had to have Jonathan sit in the middle of us because both of us need to be by a window. We had a packed car! Lets see there was My Mom, dad the driver,Me,Jonathan,Antonio,Miguel,Rogelio,Monwell,Danyella,Marcello,Carmen,Mary,Monica,
Veronica,Pablo,Fabian so thats what 17 people in a van it was alot. and we left at like 5-6 am! We did not get there Intel like 12-1pm lets just say not driving totaly on roads and threw place's that you think that you are not going to make it. Its Scary!!!! On top of having a bumpy ride!
Jonathan was probley like when am I getting out of this car because I kept wanting to hold Rogelio's hand and we had to reach over him lol it was sad I felt bad for him but We were just big babys!lol We had tuns of fun doing everything I am not going to go into that much more story's because this is getting long but I will skip to the morning we left.

We were planing to have Monwell,Renee,Marcello,Carmen and Danyella go with us to the airport at like 7am but the driver got to our hotel early. He showed up like a hour or more early and said that we had to wake up and go now because the roads where going to close because something was going to go on with the streets I forgot what it was but it was something to do with protesting or something.

So we tyred to call Marcello and Monwell but they did not pick up and then later we found out that marcelo and carmen took a bus to meet us but we were not there because we had to leave and monwells car was not working. It was sad. So we never got to say goodbye to Marcello,Carmen or Danyella.

We drove to the airport the hole time Rogelio and I talking and Crying. It is so hard for me to see him Cry. We got to the airport and checked in and hung out for a while. Rogelio told me that he had to leave because he was scared that the street was going to close that he had to get back to his house. We walked him outside to the taxies and I huged him and kissed him so did the boys and I did not want to let go. Rogelio was crying so bad it was hard to see. That was another thing so hard for me to do. He left in the taxie and we went back inside waited for our plane and went home. Was so sad!! You will never know how hard it is to leave your husband Intel you have been threw what I have been thew. it sucks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment